Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Football predictions perfect

By Larry L. Stephens

I got all my predictions right on the opening night of high school football for the games in the SAC. A few of the teams tried to prove me wrong, but I've been doing this for years and I know what I'm talking about. Yes, I know, I should be in Vegas. Because I'm batting a thousand, I'm going to let it all ride on this weeks picks:

Wayne at Bishop Luers-Starting off, we have a battle of two teams on the south side. Last week, Luers beat a suspect Northrop team so it's hard to tell how good they are. Wayne got by an improved Elmhurst team. Last year, Luers won this game by two points, but this is '07 and Wayne's Ray Byers will run wild. I pick the Generals.

Elmhurst at North Side-I'm an Elmhurst grad and I'd love to pick the Trojans, but North Side almost upset Harding. I'm going with the team by the river. That's North Side for the geography challenged.

Bishop Dwenger at Harding-Most might think this is a hard pick, but any old school Lee Corso fan knows not to bet against the Catholic. The Saints are on a mission this year and if Jemarkis Willis is healthy, the Saints won't be denied.

Snider at Concordia-Talk about a revenge game. The Cadets beat Snider 21-17 last year. Cadet fans will be leaving this one at half time because the Panthers will run up the score in this one.

South Side at Northrop-These are two teams who are filling in time until basketball season. There is a fan out there who is torn between her alma mater and her employer. Northrop gets the nod here, only because they are playing at home. PW, enjoy this win, Snider's next.

All games start at 7 p.m. Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home